40 days: I'm done

Tuesday, April 29, 2014



40 days without...

Meat 


I can proudly say i managed not to eat meat for 45 days (including the non fasting-Sunday's). I have learned to eat so many new things. I was never really a meat eater. As a child I refused meat. Unfortunately, I grew up in a carnivorous family and I had to eat what they prepared. At this time I'm going to continue without meat I think :) 





 Alcohol
 

Check. I haven't touch any alcohol for 45 days. The hardest time was when we had our monthly pizza evening. I don't know why but I love pizza with a good glass of wine. But I haven't touch any drinks. I didn't miss it. Oh wait. I did one evening. I went to a crazy dance where everyone was drunk and I was the sober one. People kept asking me if I was a fish because I was drinking free water. Haha well. At least I still have my pride of not drinking during the fasting period.




Candy or unhealthy snacks.
Once again check! The temptation was present, but I kept off. One sunday I ate a piece of pie because a celebration.It would have been mean if I said no. But I fasted a day longer so it was back in balance. And actually you should not fast on Sundays. I did fast because I was challenging myself. How I managed? I tried to find some great healthy snacks to eat.






I don't know what to say more about the challenge. I managed to survive my own challenge for the past 40 days. I have lost some weight and I feel healthier. I'll join again next year. Any questions? Shoot! 

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. Wauw. Bewondering! Ik vind het al heel wat als ik maar één stuk chocolade per dag eet ^-^ (Vooral na Sinterklaas & Pasen dan, de rest van het jaar lukt dat vrij goed.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I need to try this challenge in regards to sweets. I know it would be soo hard though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super dat je dit zo lang volgehouden hebt, petje af!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauw, wat ontzettend goed van jou! Ik zou écht niet veertig dagen zonder lekkere dingetjes kunnen! Wél zonder vlees, want ik ben vegetariër – scheelt weer. (En ook zonder alcohol, hahaha, want ik ben zestien. ^) Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw, respect! Ik denk niet dat 't mij zou lukken, vooral niet als 't gaat om een lekker wijntje op de vrijdagavond xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi,
    je vroeg op mijn blog of ik reeds in het bloggerscafé zit,
    ik heb er nog niet van gehoord, maar als je wilt, mag je
    me er altijd meer over vertellen.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat goed! Knap hoor om het allemaal 40 dagen vol te houden. Zonder alcohol zou ik wel kunnen, ik drink het nu eigenlijk nooit en vind het ook niet echt lekker. Vind het gewoon niet zo nodig ofzo. Maar zonder snoep zou ik moeilijk vinden hoor, zit nu ook heerlijk aan de likkoekjes :) Je mag trots op jezelf zijn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wauw knap hoor ik ben nu aan het sonja bakkeren en vandaag zijn er twee merci reepjes in gegaan (wel puur haha) en vanavond gewoon weer vier km hard gelopen! niet te streng zijn! liefs x

    ReplyDelete

Reacties zijn gemodereerd. Maar maken mij ontzettend blij ;)